Friday 4 March 2011

New chapter

Ok, I'm really excited... this is my first blog posting! Thank you to all of you who are reading it, and I hope you choose to come back and visit. I promise to inspire you with beautiful design and gorgeous treasures that I find on my adventures.


The first thing I want to share is one of my favourite possessions... 
My Carrie Bicycle Basket. I love all things girly, especially lace. So when I stumbled across this amazing bike basket by Marie-Louise Gustafsson, I knew I had to have it. 
It was inspired by traditional crocheted tablecloths, and can lift on and off your bike to be used as a shopping or picnic basket. Can't you just see a bottle of wine and some french bread in it?!
So, Marie-Louise is Swedish, and I couldn't find any of these baskets in New Zealand. 
I knew the shipping would be pretty huge for one basket, so I contacted Beach Bikes in Auckland and suggested they stock them, as they would be perfect with their bikes. Luckily Beach Bikes didn't need much convincing, and I am now the proud owner of a white basket. Find yours here.


Now that I had my beautiful basket, all I needed was a bike to put it on! Beach Bikes came through again and I bought my Hawaii 3 speed Electra Cruiser from them - perfect for cruising the Napier boardwalks in style, and biking with the kids. :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips