Thursday 22 September 2011

Norman Rockwell

I have always been fascinated by Norman Rockwell's beautiful illustrations. As a young girl I spent hours pouring over my grandfather's - Nooks' - Norman Rockwell books. One of my most favourite pictures is the one of the little girl looking at her reflection in the mirror.
Today I found some photos my gorgeous 'big' girl had taken of herself on my computer. She's growing up so fast, and they reminded me of "Girl in the Mirror'. Just like her, dolls are being cast aside in favour of lipstick (she likes to 'borrow' mine) and movie stars, although Selena Gomez, not Jane Russell!



picture source


2 comments :

  1. How gorgeous Vic! There are definitely similarities :)
    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She look so sweet- just like the girl in the illustration.

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips