Friday 14 December 2012

Painted Ceilings

I really like the idea of a painted ceiling, in the right room. You may remember when I did a post on The Novogratz last month, they had painted both the ceilings in the kids' rooms in a New York apartment. I loved the vibrant green ceiling next to the white skirting, and the green chandelier...



This simple and stylish kitchen really comes alive with a hot pink ceiling...



How fab does this bright yellow ceiling look?! It compliments the concrete wall and subway tiles beautifully...



I posted this bedroom on my Facebook page a while ago, and got very mixed reactions. Some people loved, and some found it too heavy. This is quite a small room, but I still like it against the crisp white walls...



This is another Novogratz room. I absolutely love the graphic wallpaper, which appeared on just one wall. And the ceiling is painted in chalk board paint, so an amazing piece of art could make a statement...



And here a single wall and the ceiling look spectacular in sky blue...

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

3 comments :

  1. Love it. My fave is the Yellow. Good luck with the last of your shopping. Im dragging hubby along tomorrow although have managed to do most online. Yes have been to F.G.Smiths quite a number of times now. In the New Year lets catch up there or when your girls go back to school??? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my fav colors - yellow and grey, it looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the last two. The ceiling is one place where I have never seen chalk board paint. I also like the treatment where paint colour continues from the ceiling on to a focal wall

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips