Monday 14 January 2013

Interior Trends | Copper & Marble

If you haven't already discovered the fabulous blog The Design Chaser, I'm very happy to introduce you to it's author, Michelle. She is my guest today, and she's going to share her interior wisdom with you, featuring her signature sleek, elegant style...

Hi everyone. It's so lovely to be visiting here today. I'm a big fan of Vic's so I feel really honoured to be writing a guest post for Cush & Nooks. Another one of my favourite bloggers, Nina Holst of Stylizimo predicts that the growing trend towards using copper and marble in the home will continue for 2013, and I think she may be right. Seen below in Nina's office, even simple accessories like these can add lots of style.


Images: source


When it comes to interiors, copper adds shine and texture, while the subtle pattern of marble adds a classic touch. I'm loving the use of marble in kitchens and bathrooms right now, especially combined with a black and white pallet and pale wooden floors. 
I've even considered using marble in the new home we are building for the kitchen island, splashback and bathroom vanity. Unfortunately hubby's not so keen!
Copper lights hung above a marble island or dining table finish off the look beautifully.






Sources: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6


For added inspiration, I've compiled some gorgeous furniture and homewares that have caught my eye recently - links below images.




I hope you've seen something here that you like. Thanks so much for having me! 
x Michelle

7 comments :

  1. I was just chatting to my hubby about the trends of
    Marble and Copper over the weekend and sone pictures we saw using this trend.
    Great Pictures by the way and love the blogs you mentioned -
    nectarandstone.blogspot.com
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna! So nice of you to have me Vic and I'm really looking forward to you doing a guest post for me soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi over here Michelle:) They're such lovely combinations together. I hope that hubby changes his mind, marble bench tops are stunning, a little porous but I guess that can add to the beauty of it over time. I love the exposed copper pipes. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mel. I agree - the exposed copper pipes are very cool. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your picks at the end. Hmm, maybe if you show hubby the copper WITH the marble, you'll be able to sway him?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello There,

    this is really very nice blog and looking very nice. this blog is very helpfull for shopping .. we want come back on this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello There,

    this is really very nice blog and looking very nice. this blog is very helpfull for shopping .. we want come back on this blog...

    ReplyDelete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips