Tuesday 19 November 2013

Sitting Area Mood Board

Dael and I have been working with a wonderful Bibby + Brady client who has relocated from Auckland to Mount Maunganui with her husband and young daughter. Coming into a new house she is starting from scratch, which means we're helping her choose everything from paint colour, to curtain fabric, to furniture and art.

She's a dream client for us, as she has fabulous taste :) and thanks to her Pinterest boards, we've been able to get a really good hold on her style. She's been completely receptive to all our designs, and we loving hearing and seeing how it's all coming together. At some stage we hope to bring you some before and after photos, but for now we'll start with one of our mood boards...




One of our most recent design concepts is for a little space between the kitchen and dining area which we call 'the sitting area'. It has large french doors opening out onto a deck. Our client wanted somewhere she could sit and relax with a cuppa with a view to outdoors. 

Mount Maunganui is renowned for it's beautiful beaches, so we wanted it to have a relaxed, beachy vibe, and bring a bit of the outdoors in. A beautiful hand-drawn seascape wallpaper, and large Armadillo rug are the stars of the show. A pair of Acapulco chairs with cool cushions provide the seating with the cutest little mushroom side table between. A cool buffet and bookshelf provide great storage as well as a place to display favourite pieces. And a colourful pebble print and fiddleleaf fig bring another touch of the outdoors in.

Everything on this mood board can be sourced by Dael & I from our marvellous suppliers, so if you're interested in any of it, don't hesitate to contact us.

14 comments :

  1. Vic, I absolutely Love it! This is what I would like my "future" dream bach to look like! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Amy. Hope you're doing well. Big hugs for little Patch :) x

      Delete
  2. I need that bookshelf! Where is it from, Vic? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalie. It's from one of our favourite suppliers. We can offer you a great price, email me - vic@bibbyandbrady - and I'll give you the details.

      Delete
  3. Is that an Inaluxe print? Gorgeous - I have a growing collection of them and the armadillo rug is on my wish list *sigh*!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, it is a gorgeous print isn't it?! Not Inaluxe, although similar. If you want a price drop me an email - vic@bibbyandbrady.co.nz. Likewise, I can get you a great price on the Armadillo rug when you're ready :)

      Delete
  4. I love the buffet table, where is that from? =gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rena. (As above) it's from one of our favourite suppliers. We can offer you a great price, email me - vic@bibbyandbrady - and I'll give you the details.

      Delete
  5. Just gorgeous...love ALL of it. I have just bought a fiddleleaf fig-am obsessed with it and I would love a plant bag just like this! Where do I go Vic? Kate x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I've just emailed you with the details :) x

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a dream client. It all looks like it's coming together beautifully - the gold Uashmama bag and fiddle leaf is so cool isn't it?! The sideboard is a beauty too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this board (and your blog). Would love to know how much for the side board and the beautiful wave print!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda. Drop me an email at vic@bibbyandbrady.co.nz and I'll give you the details. Is it the wave wallpaper you like (top left of mood board)? x

      Delete

It's lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your comment. Best wishes, Vic xxx

Blogging tips